new

Friday, April 15, 2011

Wingin' It

I love Chicken Wings! (Yes I know...I love alot of food!) I am constantly on the search for good wing recipes. There are so many recipes out there are I have a hard time finding many that I actually really enjoy enough to make again. But this recipe is fantastic. There is enough heat behind it to make your mouth warm, but there is still a really nice sweet ending to it. I love spicy food... but not spicy so that you taste nothing else. I should have know this would be a great one though seeing how the wonderful Bobby Flay come up with the recipe!

Bobby Flay's Hot Wings
2 Tbsp Ancho Chili powder
1/2 cup red wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp pureed chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Honey
1 stick butter

In a small sauce pan bring vinegar, chipotle puree, ancho chili powder and Chili powder to a simmer. Remove from heat and add mustard, honey and butter, Whisk until smooth. Add to wings and toss to coat.

So Bobby Flay breaded his own wings and deep fried them of course... but I just bought some breaded wings from M&M Meats and baked them in the oven. It worked wonderfully!


No comments:

Post a Comment