new

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chicken Taco Salad...and a kid craft!

Ok, so Im sure most of you will read this post and be like "Well Duh! You've never done that before?" But this was a first for me and I loved it!
  I love Mexican food! (well ok I love all food!) I have really been craving Tacos lately, but I dont have ground beef in my freezer and since Ive been trying to use stuff up I have made sure I havent been buying any either. So Yesterday for dinner I was supposed to put a rub on my chicken... but as I was staring at my pantry I couldnt decide on a rub and my taco seasoning kept on catching my eye... so I thought Why not? I made up a thicker version of Taco seasoning. I think mine calls for 1 cup of water to 3 Tbsp of seasoning... but I just added enough water to make it into a paste. Then I poured it over the chicken and baked it in the oven. Then I cut it up and put it on top of a salad. MMMMMMMM... it was really good! You should try it!
   I have also been trying to make more crafts with my kids... mostly Ive just been trying to keep the TV off more. So yesterday we made one that was really fun and CRAZY simple. All I did was trace and cut out their hands and then let them color on Tatoos. (ok I lied a little... I like Owen color on the paper before I cut out his hands as I didnt think my 19 month old could stay on his little hands too well!) But then we taped them to the window in their bedrooms. My Boys loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment