new

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Family Favorite!

Sorry for the sporadic posting this week. Life has been insane! No kidding everything that could possible be going on is and life just gets crazier anc crazier.
  But I thought Id take a moment and share one of my family favorite Recipes.
I love bourbon chicken/shrimp. LOVE IT. Did I hear a gasp from the audience??? (what a mormon who eats food cooked in alcohol?!?) Get over it... all the alcohol burns off in the cooking process. So Im totally fine with it. But I have never been able to make my own version since while I am totally fine eating food cooked in alcohol, I can not bring myself to by wine or in this case bourbon. So Ive never been able to make my own... until now! My mom found me a Bourbon chicken recipe... that has no bourbon. I know... I as sceptical too... but exists and tastes great. Here is the recipe... but I changed it to make it my own.


2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips.
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Ketchp
1 tbsp Vinegar
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Soy sauce

Cook the chicken in a pan. Bring all the other ingredients to a boil in a pot. Once the chicken is cook pour the sauce over the chicken and simmer, stirring every so often for about 10-15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way! I love chicken marsala, but I won't buy the alcohol to make it myself. I'm going to try your recipe tomorrow since I have all the ingredients and don't have to buy alcohol! :)

    ReplyDelete