new

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Boring Day

Well today was a dull, boring day. But thats ok, after all the fun we had yesterday we all could use a quiet day. So it just entailed Grocery shopping (I am an airmiles junkie and am proud to say I got 230 in a single shopping trip yesterday) then we just played in the backyard and cleaned the house. But here is a picture of my little man Owen (he is almost 10 months old) This was from the beach yesterday. I thought it was adorable and had to share it.
Speaking of Owen I have a question for all my mom friends out there. Or even if you arent a mom but have an answer to this please help me out. Owen did a face plant today and totally game himself a bleeding nose. He was ok but it was super annoying because I couldnt make him sit still so I could get it to stop. So I had to following him around with tissues. Then all day it would need to be wipes because as his nose would run it would be bloody. So my question... how do you deal with bleeding noses on little ones??


Since it was a quiet day I got to work on some cards. I am making card kits to give out at Christmas time. Each one will have 50 cards in a cute container, so that the recipient shouldnt have to go buy cards for a year. This is a pretty basic one I made today but I like it. Sorry my camera isnt great. But its the same quote that I shared yesterday.
Dinner tonight was YUMMY. Despite the rain storm we had Burgers... BBQ'ed on the forman. If anyone out there doesnt already own one GO BUY ONE NOW. I have tons of kitchen stuff and this is what I use the most by far. I adore mine! Anyways... I wasnt feeling like the regular toppings so I made a Curry Coldslaw for on the burgers and a Potato Salad with Dill and Mustard. Sorry no pictures they were kind of boring to look at, but yummy to eat!

Curry Coldslaw
Coldslaw mix (if you have more time then me you can make your own with cabbage and carrots!)
3/4 cup Mayo
1 tbsp Curry
2 tbsp Mustard (I used honey mustard because I love it!)
Splash of Lime juice to thin it out
Mix the last 4 ingredients together and add Coldslaw
*I know I didnt put an amount by the coldslaw mix... just keep adding and mixing until it is as saucy or as soupy as you like cold slaw.

Dill and Mustard Potato Salad(from chef Michael Smith)
Ingredients
10 Yukon Gold potatoes
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup hot dog relish
1 tablespoon dried dill
1/2 cup prepared mustard
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 small red onion, peeled and diced
Salt and pepper
Directions
Steam potatoes in a stovetop steamer for 10-12 minutes, until just tender when pierced with a fork.
Place on a baking sheet to cool.
Whisk together mayonnaise, relish, dill, mustard, vinegar and salt and pepper.
Place cooled potatoes into a large salad bowl and add celery, onion and mayonnaise mixture.
Season with salt and pepper and toss well to combine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment