new

Monday, June 28, 2010

Snickerdoodles

I don't know what it is about a snickerdoodle, they are the simplest cookie I know how to make, and yet I just devour them! They are one of my favorites for sure!

SNICKERDOODLES1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

topping
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

1)Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) use an electric mixer on medium to combine butter, sugars, egg and vanilla
3)In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar
4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the electric mixer until smooth
5) Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl
6) Roll 1 Tbsp of dough into a bowl and dip the top into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place sugar side up on a baking sheet.
7) Bake for 15 mnutes, until light brown

I made up a batch of these for a friend this afternoon and I had to quickly put them in a sealed bag so I wouldnt eat them all! These are one of Jaxon and Owen's favorite too! Jaxon thought today was an extra special day since we spent the morning out at the lake and made snickerdoodles in the afternoon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment