new

Sunday, June 20, 2010

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Happy Father's Day to all the days out there. But an extra big Hug goes out to the two greatest men in my life, my daddy and my husband! I love you! Today's little tidbit was not my idea but it was so cute that I had to share it. Today in Nursery my little three yr old Jaxon made his daddy a father's day gift. It was a bottle of Dad's Root Beer with a paper tie attached to it. The tie read "To the World's Greatest Pop" I thought it was adoreable and had to share!

Today is also Sunday. Which means its time for me to organize myself for the upcoming week, part of which means making a menu for dinner this coming week. Doing this just makes my life so much easier. I can make a grocery list and then know I will have everything I need in the house to make meals for a week and I never had to worry come 5pm "Oh no whats for dinner!?"
Here is the menu for this week;
Monday - Homemade Chicken Fingers
Tuesday - BBQ burgers with a Mustard and Dill Potato salad
Wednesday - 5 Cheese Baked Ziti and Cesear salad
Thursday - Shrimp Bowls
Friday - Chicken Korma with Naan Bread
Saturday - we are at a wedding so I dont have to cook
Sunday - Leftovers
I always make sure to have one day of leftovers to clean up my fridge and with church not getting over until 4 Sundays always seem like a good day for it. Also I have tried to have a low to no protien dinner night and one night of seafood a week. Gotta have variety!

Finally today is Sunday... oh the day of rest... yeah right. But I figured since it is Sunday Id share with you a quote that I found today and just love.
"...there is no tomorrow to remember if we don't do something today."
-President Thomas S Monson, "Finding Joy in the Journey" Nov 2008 Ensign pages 84-87
It's a Fabulous talk!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment