new

Friday, June 25, 2010

A Little Taste of India

Tonight's Dinner was so good! I love ethnic flavors, Chinese, thai, Vietnamese, mexican, indian I love them all! So tonight I thought I'd try my hand at making chicken korma. It turned out great!

Chicken Korma
1 large red onion, 1/2 sliced and 1/2 finely chopped
1 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic smashed
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 lb shredded chicken breast
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
4 pieces of naan bread
chopped cashews for garnish

Puree the chopped onion in a food processor with the ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin and 1/2 cup of water. (I didnt do that step I just mixed the chopped onion and spices all in a bowl... and I didnt add the water)
Heat a small amount of oil in a pan, add the sliced onions and cook until golden brown. Add the other onion mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the frozen peas and cook for a couple of minutes until they are thawed. Add the chicken and mix to combine.
In a small bowl combine the yogurt and the water. Add to the pan. Add the cilantro and remove from heat.
Serve on top of the naan bread and garnish with more yogurt, cashews and/or cilantro
Eat it like a Taco!

Also in the above picture you may notice my lovely drink. Its a watermelon/strawberry slurpee... recipe to come tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: