new

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Favorite Color Party

I like to throw parties. So every once and a while I do a play date on steroids. I event a few kids and their mommies over and we have a themed play date. Today was the Favorite Color party. It was a play date all about colors.

here is the invite I had made up for the party... yes I know that none of you got an invite ladies... I forgot them until after the fact.


We had all sorts of colorful foods. Red Strawberries, Pink Watermelon, Green Grapes, Blue and Green cupcakes (mint chocolate... yes I love to bake too!) and rainbow licorice (Jaxon's Favorite!)


I bought each of the kids a plain white pillow case and busted out the fabric markers and let them design their own pillow case. I was surprised at how long this held some of the kids interest, especially Jaxon!


But the highlight of the party was the Flower Hunt. All I did was cut out different color flowers and attach them to popsicle sticks and then I hid different colors in different rooms and told the kids clues like "downstairs their are flowers hidden that are the same color as the sky" Then they all ran off to find Blue flowers. They got to collect them in plastic cup vases and by the end has a beautiful bouquet. One of Jaxon's new buddies Jack Davidson was too sweet and gave me his orange flower since I had told them orange was my favorite color!
All and all I think it was a fun morning!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment