new

Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Reading


HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!

When I think of summer I always picture myself sitting on a beach soaking up the sun with a book in my hand. So let me tell you about my latest summer read. I just finished the third book in the Fablehaven series. I like these books because they are a really light easy read so I can read them as Im still watching the kids.

It's called Grip of the Shadow Plague. I really enjoyed the first two books, but I found the third one to be kind of slow from the get go and then rushed at the end. However Im eager to read the final two books as I am now wondering if one of the good guys is actually a bad guy. I wont name names in case you are planning on reading it (which I think you should). But there is this one character who just always seemed to be the only person around that survived when someone else didnt or when something bad happened. Maybe I just suspect the worst but I think we may have a traitor afoot!

Despite the slow start I did enjoy it. So I say book worms should try this series. It was written for a younger audience so you should expect a light 'no brainer' read. But as a mother of two young, active boys thats what I need as I dont get much time to read. And when I do get to read me brain is generally fried. So Fablehaven is a series I consider "BEACH BOOKS" they are perfect to take and read on a beach!
But here is a word of warning. When Reading on a beach WEAR SUNSCREEN. My Boys and I spent all morning on the beach; both my boys are fine... me... my legs are now a deep shade of maroon. Thats right they arent even red... they are maroon. I always put sunscreen on my boys... never on myself... Yep Im That kind of Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment