new

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Big Red Tequila

ok...so here is the story... I had been hearing great things about this book called Mission Road by Rick Riordan. I didnt know he had written adult books before he did Percy Jackson. So I was very intrigued to read Mission Road since I loved percy Jackson. So I got it from the Library, only to find out its book five in a sequence... (not a series, you can read books in a sequence as stand alone books, but there is a main character in all of them that is the same) so since Im slightly OCD I have to read them in order. So then I googled the main characte Tres Navarre and returned Mission Road and then got Big Red Tequila. I was on the wait list forever so I was so excited to finally get it... that soon passed...
  This book SUCKED. The language wasnt great, but I will admit I have read books with worse lanuage. But still it was a pain to have poor Language. But even beyond that the story just dragged. Nothing happened. It was supposed to be some big mystery and by the end of the book the killer was revealed, but I am still left here going... WHY DID IT TAKE ALMOST 400 PAGES???
  Tres, the main character is just weird and whiney... and DUMB... I have no idea how he was able to do what he did. He got police records that were supposed to be confidential. He has guns pointed at him all the time and was always able to use his stupidity to get away.
  I doubt ill be reading the rest of these books.... who knows maybe one day Ill get desperate and try again... But I say DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment