new

Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby its cold outside!

the wind chill is currenlty -37... that sucks...
  Here is one of my favorite recipes! now I didnt make it tonight but I made it a little while ago and never shared it. I love pasta and bread and well almost any carb out there. So here is a fun spin on classic Lasagna
Lasagna Ciabattas (found on Picky Palate)
2Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Lb ground Italian sausage (I often use ground beef)
1 26 oz jar of yoru favorite pasta sauce
15 oz container of Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning

8 ciabattas
1/2-1 cup grated mozza cheese
parm cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Place oil in a med pot and cook sausage until browned. Remove 1/4 cup of the meat and set aside. Reduce heat and stir in pasta sauce and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Place reserved meat, cheeses, salt, pepper and italian seasoning in a bowl and stir to combine
Split each ciabatta and place cut side up on a large baking sheet. Spread ricotta mixture over each roll and top wiht a couple spoonfuls of pasta sauce and top with grated mozza cheese.
bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parm. cheese and serve!
YUMMY


2 comments:

  1. I think I might move into your house! We got your package and Kassie is in L-O-V-E with the felt food! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Im so happy she likes it!! I have a blast making them for my boys! They have taken to having food fits with the felt food because it doesnt hurt... LOL boys

    ReplyDelete