new

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

AHHH Valentine's Day. I will admit Im not a huge valentines day fan. But it was so fun this year, now that Jaxon is in school and could give out Valentines. yes I did go a little over board... why?? because Im me and thats what I do!
Jaxon loves diggers. That is one highlight to living in the construction zone. So we made him digger valentines to give out.
Then we added a heart shaped Rice Krispie treat because they are yummy!

For our neighbour friends we gave them heart shaped cookies. Really simple no fail recipe. But the funny part of this story is that when I got home I realized that I didnt have red food coloring. But it was a good thing that I had some of this extra yummy cherry cordial M&Ms from Christmas. They added a nice touch to the cookies


Sugar Cookies (they stay soft!)
(from Grandma Shelva!)

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
3 Tbsp Milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla

Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the yolk and milk and mix to combine. Add flour and baking powder and mix until well combines. Add in the vanilla and combine.
Roll out on a floured surface and cut into desired shape.
Bake at 350 degrees. The cook time will vary depending on how think you like your cookies... a pretty average cookie takes 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment