new

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Devotional

Tonight was one of my most favorite nights of the year. It was the First Presidency Christmas devotional. I always love it. I love to see the decorations and hear the music and the sweet messages. I have a paticular soft spot for these three great men. But that sweet spot grew even more for Pres. Utchdorf tonight. Here is why. Jaxon was sitting there playing DS and not paying attention... but I was just glad my three yr old was being quiet so I could listen. Then Pres Utchdorf starts quoting from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Jaxon instantly stopped what he was doing and then listened quite intently for a while. he was thrilled to hear some of his favorite story.
  This had been a great weekend for me. I have been getting Tons of projects done! Stay tuned because this coming up week Ill be posting more felt food, a fun teachers gift and a creative christmas gift... among other things Im sure!
  This is one crazy week Im heading into. lets hope Manic Me Sticks around long enough for me to get through it.
   back to the Devotional... I love how it brings in the true meaning of Christmas. I want to give a shout out to my Awesome friend Karrie... she has helped to organize an amazing Christmas service project. She is collecting everything needed to provided christmas to 10 under priviledged families leaving in calgary.I loved this because I always want to help out and give service at Christmas... but I dont know how to organize it or sometimes I forget in all my hussel and bussel... so Thanks Karrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment