new

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Tradition

I am having so much fun getting ready for Christmas this year. I love Christmas but this year is especially great because my oldest little fellow is now old enough to really get into Christmas with me. So I am now able to pass on my family traditions to him.
  One of my all time favorite Traditions is Muffit the Christmas angel. Way back when I was little... Im talking 1986... my Grandma Ellen got us a Christmas book filled with all sorts of stories. It was big and red and glossy... it was magical. The best part of the book was a 24 day count down to Christmas. It is a story about a little angel who is all thumbs working in the Christmas department of Heaven. Each day dec 1-24 you read a bit of the story. I love it. Apparently its a really rare book and its made even rarer by having the muffit story in it. My mother has looked high and low and all over the internet for copies but even when she thinks she has found another copy... alas it has everything but the 24 muffit stories. Sad eh??
  Well I currently have the Big red book in my house... I think thats only because I am the only one of my siblings to have any kids at the moment... Grandbabies always win out! So Mama Nelson had passed on the book to me so I can share the tale with Jaxon and owen. Jaxon is loving it. Im not sure how much of it he is getting but he gets super excited and asks for it each night... Im pretty sure its because of two things... he loves numbers and counting so advents and other count downs thrill him and now he thinks he is getting 4 stories instead of his regular 3!
  I just love having someone to read the story to!
What are your favorite traditions?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I have not thought of that book in ages. I very much remember that book. Not sure who has it but I am thinking it is probably Tami.

    ReplyDelete