new

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Diamond of Darkhold

I have had a few rough nights this past week... My children dont sleep. I was up most of the night on Saturday, then again on Sunday with my little monster owen. (we watched food network) but then last night I was up from 2-530 with Jaxon. (we watched Super Why) So this will be a lame post as I am trying very hard to keep my eyes open!
  I just finished the book Diamond of Darkhold by Jeanne DuPrua. It is the 4th book in the city of Ember series. In case you havent heard of this series Ill sum up. There is a city underground, but no one knows its underground. The world above ground as all but been destroyed, but now this underground city is failing so its inhabitants venture out to find a better life and then they face different struggles. It's a series that I say in appropriate for the 9-12 age range. I really enjoyed the First book City of Ember. It really held my interest. The second book, the people of Sparks was even ok. However the 3rd book, the prophet of Yonwood, was forgetable... really I dont remember what it was about! and then there is the Diamond of darkhold. It must be better then the third but not by much. yes I get that they were written for a younger audience. But these even seemed to naive for the age group. I found it hard to believe at times that a grown up wrote the book as it seemed like the words were those of a child. (you might be thinking like that about me right now... but Im sleep deprived!) the General story line; Lina and Doon head back to Ember in hopes of helping the people in Sparks, is sweet, but weak. I was glad it was a short book so it didnt take up too much of my time. I really think this should have been a one book series!
Oh well...Im a firm believer that there are really few books out there that are a total waste. Reading is never a bad thing!
On to bigger and better things... I am currently reading Sea of Monsters, the second book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Im 4 chapters in and totally hooked... What is Tyson???

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting for Ethan to finish it so I can read it-Sea of Monsters, cant wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have books 1-4 so if you need books 3/4 when you get book 2 done let me know!

    ReplyDelete