new

Monday, December 13, 2010

Pancake Balls!

I love breakfast foods. I will eat them any time of the day. This is one I have discovered recently and its another great one. They are called Ebelskivers (sorry the spelling on that is probably wrong). You need a special pan for them.. I got mine from my mom (thanks Mommy!) but Im pretty sure she got it from William Sonomas. It looks like a fry pan but it has little half circles indented into it. Those little indents make these wonderful goodies!

These little pancake balls are filled with gooey goodness! My Favorite thing to fill them with is Nutella but Cinnamon Sugar is pretty good too. Other people say that Jam or Banana and Nutella or Strawberries or other fruits are yummy too. But since I dont eat cooked fruits/Veggies Ill stick to the Nutella ones!



Once you find and buy one of those wonderful Ebelskiver pans its super simple to make these bundle of breakfast delight. All you do is make a pancake batter (I used a mix because I have yet to find a pancake recipe I enjoy) and then you fill the well half full and then scoop a Teeny Tiny amount of filling ito the center then fill with more batter. Let it sit like this for a few minutes until the one side is cooked... then here is the tricky part... flip it over so the top half cooks... I use two wooden kebob skewers to flip mine.
Im Hooked!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment