new

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mockingjay

  I FINALLY got around to reading Mockingjay, the third and final installment of the Hunger game series. I had put it off for a few reasons. First I had tons of other books that I had to read before i needed to return them to the library. and Second I hadnt heard many good reviews about it. But I must say I was pleasently surprised. It was my no means my favorite of the three (that would be the second one Catching Fire) But I liked it alot better then I had the first book.
  yes there was alot of violence... they are at war after all. But I loved the book. I couldnt put it down. I was up most of the night reading and then Id have to tear it from my hands to convince myself to sleep before the boys woke up. It was so good.
  Maybe I loved it so much because it all turned out how I wanted things too.. ok there were a few deaths I wasnt expecting and while I see the shock value and how the play into the story, there was at least two people who ended up on the dead list that I would have liked to see alive at the end.  But Katniss made a couple moves that surprised me, in a good way. And She even picks that right guy to end up with... I wont say who in case you havent read the series yet.
  I think I need to buy the series and read them all back to back... good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment