new

Monday, December 20, 2010

Sea of Monsters

Last night I finished reading Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan. (It's the second book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series) I really enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed it more then the first book even. Its a very easy read, not requiring a lot of brain power, which is exactly what I need during this hectic time of year. where I found the first book (the lightning theif) dragging this one was pretty fast passed and grabbed my attention and wouldnt let it go.
  Bare in mind that its for younger readers, so yes the story line is a little young but sometimes that can be fun too. One nice thing about reading books meant for a younger audience is there is now major gore (yes there is fighting in the book but no blood splashing or squirting from an enemy) and there is no sex (Percy gets all embarrassed when he even thinks that annabeth looks pretty) and there is no cursing (ok Annabeth says oh my gods a few times... but the reall big swears containing 4 letters are not there!)
  Its a book I read and am now looking forward to reading with my boys when they are older. There are 3 more books in the series but I have decided to read a book or two before hitting up book 3 (I dont want percy Jackson overload!) So I have moved onto reading "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" I started it this morning and am already almost 100 pages in. So you can imagine its a good one. Thank goodness its holidays and I dont feel super guilty for turning on cartoons or the Wii so Jaxon can play while i read... the guilt is still there but I can justify it since its the first day of holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment