new

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Battle of the Labyrinth

I finished this book a little while ago but have had so many other things to blog about that I thought Id save it for a while... now that Im almost done my next book I figured I should review this one before I do the next one.
  Battle of the Labyrinth is book 4 in the Percy Jackson series. I didnt enjoy it as much as the third book... but it was still good. This was all about growth of the main characters and alot of set up for what is sure to be an action back 5th and final book. This book is really all over the place at the same time... there is romance, betrayal, battles, death, new friends and new foes, and even the return of a former 'bad' guy (he was just misunderstood... and I am still sad for poor little Nico)
  When book 3 ended I was chomping at the bit to get into book 4. However at the end of book 4 I was ready to take a break from Percy Jackson. Its hard to say if that was because I didnt enjoy it as much as book 3, or if I was just needing something new. I am looking forward to Book 5!
  I really did enjoy the mythology introduced in this book. I loved the Calypso story. One thing that this books really thrill me with is the mixture of mythology and modern day. Makes me want to go and research Greek mythology to see what all the stories really are and how all the Gods and demigods fit together... maybe I can make that a project for this year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment