new

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thai Beef Nachos!

Im pretty sure this wasn't what was planned for dinner tonight, but I had all the stuff and wanted to use it up before the deli meat when gross! So tonight we had Thai Beef Nachos! SUPER YUMMY! In this most recent issue of Food Network Magazine (I think Ive mentioned it once or twice already... they should pay me for advertising!) anyways... in the magazine they had a little pull out for 50 Nacho recipes. AWESOME!
  Tonight we tried the Thai Beef. I had to make a few minor changes but it still was really yummy!
Here's the method;
Get some Roast Beef sliced (I had montreal smoked meat which worked just as good) mix meat with some grated carrots and sliced red onion (I used green onion since my red onion was no longer good). In a small bowl combine a couple splashes of lime juice, a dash of fish sauce, some cilantro and mint (I didnt have mint so I left it out... I didnt miss it) and a pinch of sugar. (yeah I know some measurments eh??) Add this mixture to the meat mixture and stir to coat. scoop a small amount into a scoop chip and top with cheese (I used marble, but the recipe called for mozza) Put under the broiler until cheese it melted... serve topped with Peanut sauce!
yeah I know... SOOOOOOO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment