new

Friday, January 28, 2011

Dinner on no sleep

I have been away since 5:30 am yesterday... yes yesterday... I am working on my 37th hour of awakeness... I hate it. I have not chosen this crazy fate for myself. It has been thrust upon me by my boys. Mostly Owen. He is teething and wont sleep and is MISERABLE. But the few minutes I can get him to sleep Jaxon is awake... so I have not slept. So I have accomplished alot of nothing... But here is what I managed to whip up for dinner
Sausage and Gnocci

5 Sausages (I used Sweet Basil Italian sausage)
2 Med Onions, sliced
2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese

Bring a pot of water to a boil and drop in Gnocci. Cook according to package directions.
In a large pan heat oil and add onion and garlic, cook until onions are starting to caramelize. Remove sausage from casing and add to onions. Cook through.
Once Gnocci is cooked drain it and add it to the onion/sausage mixture and mix in cheese.

Not to bad for no sleep!

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried gnocci. Is it pasta made from potatoes? Maybe I'm way off. Sounds yummy. Hope you get some more rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Gnocci! Yeah... its in the paste aisle... buts its not a noodle... its more like a mini dumpling...you cook it just like pasta. TRY IT

    ReplyDelete