new

Monday, January 3, 2011

Hot Hippo

A new year also means its a new month... which means I give my boys a new book. But since its a new year we have moved onto a new theme (last year it was Robert Munsch) This year its african Folk Tales. There is a series out there by Mwenyth Hadithi which is Kenyan (I think) for Story teller. The aristry that goes along with these tales is fun I love them. We have taken out a couple of them from the library and jaxon really like them but we didnt own any yet so I thought it would be a good series to work on collecting.
  This month we started with Hot Hippo. Its a fun tale explaining how the Hippo came to live in the water and why he is always opening his mouth so wide.
  I also really like doing these books because it gives me an opportunity to teach my boys about another culture. I think its important to expose children young to many different tastes and cultures and people. I am raelly looking forward to these books this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment