new

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I love Sliders

I jumped on the slider band wagon as soon as I saw it pull in. I love the whole idea of sliders. They are so cute on a plate and they are perfect for kids and they are so full of flavor. AWESOME! Tonight I tried another recipe from the Food Network Magazine for Turkey hummus Sliders. They are So good! Plus I got to use my totally awesome slider pan that I got for christmas. It makes 5 sliders at a time and it forms them into perfect little circles... Im in love!
Turkey Hummus Sliders
1 - 1 1/2 lbs ground Turkey
1/2 cup hummus (use one that has alot of flavour like the spicy red pepper kind)
2 tsp Coriander

Mix together and form into sliders.
Makes about 16 sliders

OK OK OK... so there was alot more to this recipe in the magazine... they made a greeky style topping with cucumber and feta and put the sliders on pitas etc etc etc... but all I did was make the patty part and used store bought buns and regular toppings... Hey I am that kind of mom after all.
But they were still super good! I am so glad we have leftovers!

also Ill share my fail of the day... I tried to make cake balls... Martha stewart I am not... The making of the balls was easy... but then the dipping come... Lets just say I should have done this when Owen was napping and Jaxon was on school. I burnt the candy melts and then I only had cheap beyond poverty chocolate and it wouldnt melt right so I couldnt really dip them... now they look like little blops of mud... or something else... they taste fine though...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE recipes with ground Turkey. I made the most amazing meat loaf with it. And um...sliders??? Could anything possibly be cuter? I'm going to have to find out more about this whole slider pan thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ground turkey! Sliders are awesome! The slider pan makes making sliders so incredibly easy! I am so glad I got one!

    ReplyDelete