new

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mac N Cheese Soup

I love cheese. LOVE IT! I think you can never go wrong with cheese, especially melted cheese... YUMMY. The other night I tried another recipe from the latest Food Network Magazine. It was awesome! Part of me actually is wishing to try one of these recipes and not like it then my recipe collection wont be quite so monsterous!
  I loved this recipe because it of all the cheesy goodnes and because it was relatively low cal (at 476 cals per serving) and there was grated carrots in it...but you would never know. The added a nice punch of color and those who are anti cooked veggies (like me and my kids) you get a little veggie boost without even knowing it!
  Bare in mind that this is my take on the recipe in the magazine... its pretty darn close but if you are reading the magazine you will notice a changed some things... like always
Mac N Cheese soup

1 cup elbow macaroni
3 shallots, chopped
1 carrot, grated
1/4 cup flour
3 3/4 cup chicken stock
1 1/4 cup milk
6 oz shredded cheese (I used 4 oz of chedder and 2 oz of a pepper jack)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

1)Saute the shallots and carrots in a pan until softened. Add flour and cook, stirring  for about 2 minutes. Gradually stir in the broth and bring to a boil.
2) add Macaroni and cute until al dente. The broth will also thicken during this time
3) Remove from heat and add cheeses. Stir until melted. Stir in the milk.
VOILA DINNER!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good Amanda! I'm going to try it since I have all the incredients! YAY for recipes with normal ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding a recipe that has ingredients that I normally stock! How did this one turn out for you??? What kind of cheeses did you use?

    ReplyDelete