new

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Salty Goodness

I was lucky enough to have an awesome big brother and he gave me an awesome gift this christmas! he got me a subscription to Food Network Magazine. I got my first issue the other day and I have already picked out several recipes to try!
  My parents were supposed to be coming in tomorrow to drop off the rest of the gifts that we couldnt fit in our little dinky car after christmas, but the roads are horrid so Ill be surprised if they make it, so I made some pretzel rolls to have on our sammies and soup dinner with them. Of course the recipe came from the magazine! It was really easy and they taste great. At first I thought it was a bit salty but thats just how a pretzel is. I think they will make yummy sammies.
Pretzel Rolls
-Guy Fieri

1 Tbsp Yeast
2 3/4 cups flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/3 cup Baking Soda

1) Put 1 cup warm water (110 -115 degrees) in a bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle in yeast. set to bloom, 5 minutes. In another bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt.
2) add Flour mixture to the yeast and mix (with dough hook) on the lowest setting until dough comes together. Then on Medium speed until dough is elastic and smooth.
3) form dough into ball and place in a large oiled bowl. Turn to coat with oil and cover with a towel and let rest in a warm place until doubled in size (30-35minutes) line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat (I used parchment) Coat with cooking spray
4) Punch down dough and turn out on a floured surface. Knead until smooth and springs back when poked. (about 1 minute) divide into 4 portions (these are BIG portions) and form into oblong rolls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Cut slits along the top and cover with a towle to allow to rise for 15-20 minutes.
5) Bring a pot of water to a boil and add baking soda (it will foam) add two rolls at a time and poach 2 minutes a side. Remove from water and return to baking sheet, sprinkle with additional salt.
6) Preheat oven to 425 and bake rolls for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment