new

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Last Olympian

Ok... so I finished this book about a week ago.. but Ive been way to busy with other things to blog about it... but I thought I have to do it before I forget too much about it!
  I have finally finished the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. Book 5 did not dissappoint. I thought it was am almost perfect way to end the series. Loose ends were tied up and it even set up his next series... im not sure what the series name will be but the first book is the Lost hero and its about the next generation of Half bloods... but back on track here... Percy...
  yes I will complain that it was too much fighting. Right from the get go it was war war war... but really considering the last 4 books have all be building up to this ultimate titans vs Olympians war I guess it was too be expected. Considering all the war I was surprised that not many of the key characters died... Im not sure how I feel about that. Im glad because I like the characters and wouldnt wish them dead... but how realistic is it that all the main people survived a war like that... (yes I did just question the realistic-ness of a war between ancient greek mythology figures)
   But the ending was good. It left me happy and even ended how I wanted (which doesnt always happen!) Im looking forward to getting the new series from the library. I was tempted to just buy it when I say I was 204 on the wait list...but as  whole I fine Riordan hit and miss... I love percy Jackson, but hated the first book in the Kane Chronicals (and I love Egypt) and now Ive even started one of his adult books and am having a hard time convincing myself to finish it... so I think Ill hold out and wait though the list and read it then... just in case!
  My final verdict... read the Percy Jackson series. Its a very easy, no brain read. Which I need as a mother of two crazy boys who only gets to read once they are in bed at 9 and i can barely keep my eyes open myself. But its fun because Im really into mythology and it was a neat treat to see a modern spin on it. (thats why I also LOVE the nicholas Flammel series by Micheal Scott) All and all... book 3 was my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment