new

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sambal Shrimp

This is another one of the recipes I tried from the Food network Magazine... It was so good... I will apologize now because I didnt take a picture, I tried one to see if I liked it and then the next thing I new my plate was empty! yes it was that good. Emeril Lagasse contributed the recipe.
Sambal Shrimp
2 cups sambal Oelek (indonesian style chile sauce... make sure you use the sauce and not two cups of the paste! That would even be too spicy for me!)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup minced fresh peeled ginger
1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine... I used a rice wine vinegar)
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp sesame oil
3 Lbs head on shimp, peeled and deveined (ok... I did not use head on shrimp because thats just nasty to look at!)
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp chopped mint

1)Combine the first 9 ingredients in a med bowl. All to stand at room temp for at least 1 hour (or up to 4 hours)
2) Remove 1/2 cup of the marinade and reserve for later. Add the rest of the marinade and shrimp into a resealable plastic bag and all shrimp to marinate for 1 hour
3) Preheat grill to a med heat. Remove shrimp from marinade and grill until cook. (2-2 1/2 minutes a side)
4) Place shrimp in a large bowl and toss with the reserved marinade and cilantro and mint.
ENJOY
**Its winter here... so i didnt grill these... what I did was a took the shirmp and the 1/2 cup of marinade and sauted it in a pan. It was nicely glazed and still saucy enough too!

No comments:

Post a Comment