new

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Titan's Curse

As you can tell I love to read. I took advantage of the help I had over the holidays and got caught up on my reading. I am on cloud 9... For those out there who are sick of my book reviews dont worry... I have a craft project planned this weekend... as long as nothing crazy happens... fingers crossed.
   I have come to realize that if I read a series back to back for the first time I read them I often get bitter by the end of them and am totally sick of the characters. Making me think that the last few books arent very good. With that in mind I decided I ws going to space out my reading of the Percy Jackson series. That has been more difficult then I planned it to be. Yes I did just finish book two and now I have finished book 3... But give me credit I did read Boy in the Striped Pajamas in between them. I just cant stay away from Percy Jackson. Rick Riordon just ends his books on such cliffhangers that I HAVE to keep reading the series.
  Book Three was GREAT! We are introduced to more of the God's of Olympus and even have to bid a farewell to one of the characters I have grown to love... although I wouldnt be surprised if they pop up in later books too. I have to give Rick Riodon credit though... for a male author he really hase alot of fierce girl power in this book. I loved it.
  In Titan's Curse we meet Artimes and her Hunters (which are all female) and they go an a special quest in search of a monster that turns out to be a quest to save the world. Percy and Annabeth and Thalia help out too of course. Kronos is getting more and more closer to rising and he and Luke are having more and more success if recruiting monsters, half bloods and even some gods to their army. We even get to see a mortal with a special gift for seeing through the Mist. She seems to only have a bit role in this book but she was made to be more then just a passer by which makes me wonder if she shows up again in later books.
  The ending was AWESOME! I had planned on reading one or two books before moving onto book 4 But I dove right into book 4.... and now I am pages away from its ending....
  Remember book one didnt grab me all that much... but books 2-4 have been awesome! So even if you dont get hooked by book one try book 2... I bet you will end up reading all 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment