new

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Asian Pulled Pork Sammies

This is another yumy recipe! Normally Im not a pulled pork fan. Something about it grosses me out. But I am an Asian food fan... so I figured why not give it a try! SUCCESS!

Asian Pulled Pork Sammies!

1 2 ½-3 lb pork shoulder roast

1 cup apple juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 ½ tsp five spice powder
6-8 kaiser rolls, spit and toasted
1 ½ -2 cups shredded napa cabbage or broccoli slaw mix
Trim fat from meat. Place meat in cooker. In a small bowl combine apple juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and five spice powder. Pour over roast.

Cook, covered, on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.

Remove meat from cooker, reserving the juice. Remove meat from bone, discard bone.(I used a cut that didnt have a bone and it worked too!) Using two forks shred meat. Place meat back into juice and mix to coat. Place meat on buns and top with Napa cabbage. I added a little Hoisin Sauce to the bun too! Also I used a cheese bun since that is what I had on had. YUMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment