new

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Double Recipe day!

I have two GREAT recipes for you today! SW Tortellini soup and Chocolate caramel Rice Krispie Squares.
The first uses these wonderful products from Knorr. They are just like Oxo Cubes but cilantro and Chipotle flavoured. My Mom found them in TX for me... Im super sad that I cant seem to find them up here. STORES PLEASE BRING THEM IN! They add such a nice punch of flavour. I love them.


Ok.. i know there isnt much broth (I added way too many noodles.. but it was one of those too much for the broth but not enough to save separate.. so I added them in... its hearty!) Also I know its not Tortellini... all I had was Sachatinni)
SW Tortillini Soup

Equal part Chicken Stock and Beef Stock. How much stock you need will depend on how many noodles you use. (I used both stocks because I find chicken stock bland, but Im not a huge fan of beef stock... it was a nice combination)
For every cup of stock add one Chipotle cube. For every 2 cups of stock add 1 Cilantro cube. Bring to a bowl and add Pasta, simmer until cooked. Remove from heat and add a splash of lime juice.

Another wonderful treat my mom sent me from TX was Caramel marshmallows. They are AMAZING! I had to make a "best door" Prize for the party tomorrow so I thought Id try them out. And what is better then Chocolate and caramel I ask you??? NOTHING! So I bought some Cocoa Rice Krispies and now Im cursing... why does everything have to be so tasty!


Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispies

1 Tbsp Butter
1 Bag Caramel Marshmallow
6 cups Rice Krispies

Melt butter in a pan, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Add to Rice Krispies and stir to combine. Pour into a 9x13 pyrex pan and allow to set up

Sampling all the fun things the states has to offer makes me sorta of glad to live in Canada... Id be 300 lbs if I lived where I could get these things all the time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment