new

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Jaxon Approved

I love to bake. Actually I love doing anything in my kitchen! I try everything. No matter what I have tried these are still Jaxon's most favorite treat... good old Chocolate Chip cookies. He will eat 4 cookies the day I am baking them! Sometimes there is nothing like a good Chocolate chip cookie. This one is particularly good if you ask me. It started off as a Michael Smith recipe but I have made some changes that I think make good cookies out of this world cookies!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking Powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp Agave Syrup (if you want to use Corn syrup that works just fine too!)
1 Egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Chocolate chips
1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)

1)Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2) Mix flour and baking powder together in a small bowl. In a different bowl cream together butter and sugars until creamy.
3) Add the syrup, egg and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until well combined. Scrape down sides and gradually add flour mixture. But until just combined. Stir in Chocolate chips and oats. (I will give them a slight crush in my monsterous man hands before adding them)
4)scoop dough by the tablespoon onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment