new

Monday, October 25, 2010

My Big Projects

Guess what... Christmas is just around the corner! AHHHHHH! Normally I have already finished my shopping by now... not this year.. I dont know where my head is at. But it hit me yesterday that Chrismas will be on me before I know it... so I have kicked my butt into gear and have been working frantically to get it all done. I have two HUGE projects to complete.
1) As any of you who follow this blog know I am making felt food for my boys and their cousins for christmas. I still have a huge list of items I hope to complete for then. (I am making a total of 5 sets of all the food I make 1 for my boys, 2 for the the 2 cousins and then 2 incase someone wants to buy some off me or incase I need a quick kid gift!) I have just finished making bread slices this afternoon... Ill post them tomorrow.. along with the PB and J and sandwich fixings I have busted out too!
2) This is the project giving me the most stress right now... I am attempting to make personalize car mats for both my boys for christmas (one for each of them!) This scares me because I dont sew... sewing machines scare me... I have one... but I have hidden it under my craft table and use it as a foot stool. But my awesome friend Chelsea gave me the idea and then I say it on http://www.homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/ and thought it was perfect for my boys since they are both obsessed with hot wheels. So I am working on it. In the last two days I have dedicated alot of time to it and have them both mapped out on paper (full size, 4 feetx3 feet) and made patterns for the buildings... next step to buy fabric... WHERE DO I BUY FABRIC?? how lame is that... I dont even know where to buy fabric... bahahaha... Im awesome arent I???
  then of couse I have all my side projects... getting the scrapbooks up to date again, updated the journals, and I still want to make about 15-20 more cards for the 3 Cards for a year kits I am giving away at christmas....Oh did I mention that My bestest friend Leah is coming over on Wed morning to teach me to knit scarves... so Im sure Ill be trying to make a fw of those too!
   To answer the question I know you are all thinking... NO I AM NOT CRAZY... ok I am... but its been a manic week... so I better make use of it.. Im hoping it sticks around!
What are you all working on???

No comments:

Post a Comment