new

Friday, October 29, 2010

Monkey Bread

I love to eat monkey bread... but I hate making it. It takes a long time. But I still make it because it is so worth it in the end. I just whine and complain the whole time Im making it! But there is rarely any left over once I serve them!
Give it a try when you have some time... all your little monkeys will love them... mine sure do... (ok Jaxon doesnt but thats because he wont eat things that make his hands sticky or dirty)

Monkey Bread

1 1/2 sticks butter, chilled (that equals 3/4 cups)
3 Tbsp maple Syrup
1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp maple extract

1) Preheat over to 400 degrees
2) Combine the flour, baking powder and 2 tbsp of white sugar. Cut 1 stick of butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture until it resembles course crumbs.
3) Add Buttermilk and extract until the dough starts to come together. (it will be very sticky and I always have to mix with my hands)
4)in a microwave safe bowl melt 1/2 stick of butter. in another bowl combine 1/3 cup white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon
5) pull off small sections of dough and roll until a ball. dip ball into butter and then into cinnamon sugar mixture. place into a muffin tin. It should take about 5 or 6 balls to fill a single muffin tin.
6) Bake for 15-20 minutes
7) remove from tins (good luck.. this always give me trouble) and top with Maple glaze

Maple Glaze
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp maple extract

combine all ingredients

Yeah I know it sounds like a pain... and it is... Im not going to lie to you. But its SOOOOOOO good! its worth it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment