new

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Dark

 My fridge is overflowing with leftovers! Crock pot recipes, a boxed thanksgiving dinner with my brother and frozen lasanga all are still living in my fridge... so Im not cooking this week until its all eaten up! So Im not bothering with a menu this week. Sorry! But Ill leave you with a book review
   Im pretty sure Ive mentioned this before, but we do a book of the month with Jaxon. This was our first year doing it. (Ill do it with Owen too once he gets older) I love reading and am a firm believer in the huge difference reading and loving books can make in a persons life. Books are magical. I think I am making a good start to passing on that love to my boys
  This year we have focused on Robert Munsch books. He is brilliant. Truly a Guru to me! Somehow I missed the start of the month. It just totally snuck up on me. So I forgot until the fourth to give Jaxon his new book. So once I remembered he got to pick out a book. He chose The Dark. Classic!
  It's a story about a little girl, Jule Ann, who finds a dark and the Dark eats all the shadows and grows and grows. I love this book (and most other Robert Munsch books) because its just a nonsense story. No moral. No Lesson. Just good clean fun. Just a story to be a story. I love it. This is a Classic Munsch book so it was wonderful. (while I still like his new books, I will always have a soft spot for the Classics.) I love that this is a book that I read growing up and now Im reading it to my sons.
  It's a really cute tale... you should read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment