new

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Ok Ok Ok I know I missed posting last night. Here is the reason why... I went to a movie with a friend and we went to the late show... it didnt start until 10pm and then it was 2.5 hours long so I didnt get home until 1:30 because the movie was up north so I was exhausted.
  So the movie... SUCKED! It was just weird. In case you dont know what its about; There is a lady who feels like she has lost herself so she gets a divorce and travels to Italy, India and Bali on a mission for peace and happiness. Dont get me wrong Id love to take a year off from life and travel the world. But I just couldnt get into this... maybe it was just too late and I was too tired, maybe I just have a hard time following someone elses spiritual journey. I dunno... it was weird to me.
  Im sure we have all had those moments and phases (sometimes years) where we feel like we have lost our selves... at least I have. So I was left wondering how many women went and saw this movie and could relate with Liz and then got a divorce. Julia roberts does do an excellent job and I found her character very relatable and cute. I was just not into the whole show. Despite being a Chick flick there were a few men scattered in the story... Something about them was creepy. I dont know if it was just how they where supposed to act but they all seriously gave me the heebie jeebies.
   The most painful part was that it was 2.5 hours long! I knew i was in trouble when she finally left Italy (her first stop) and headed off to India and it was already 11:30! I looked at the time and wanted to scream... HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO BE????
   but I survived to tell the tale.
Now to make up for the lack of post yesterday... I have an announcement... I have decided to do a theme week next week... so Break out those crock pots ladies (and gentlemen... if there are any reading this!) I am going to cook a new crock pot recipe everyday next week and Ill be sure to post them all for you! Im excited because I dont have many crock pot recipes and Im dying to find some good ones

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the cookies...and YAY!! for crock pot recipes...please do post them I want to cook things in mine more often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the book...it's way - waaaaay - better....I agree, the movie was terrible...and so not the journey the book takes you on.

    found you on a facebook reply...glad I did - can't wait to try your crockpot recipes!

    ReplyDelete