new

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pop Tarts

I loved pop tarts when I was growing up... now I see the boxes and cringe a little... I dunno what happened. but I figured they would be super easy to make and fun for the kids to play with so I threw together some felt Pop Tarts. Arent they AWESOME! Im thrilled with how they turned out!
This is how I did them!
1) Cut Tan felt into 4 1/2 in x 3 in rectangle. You need two of them!
2) But smaller wavy retangles in various colors for frosting.
3) Add Sprinkles. I have seen people sew on little beads... but I thought that could be a choking hazard so I just used embrodery thread and random added sprinkles to the frosting.
4) Glue frosting to one of the tan retangles. (I used a hot glue gun.. I love my hot glue gun!)
5) I then flipped that piece over and glued a little square around a small amount of stuffing to form the "filling"
6) Blanket stitch the edge to give it that toasted look!

SUPER CUTE... I sure hope my boys and their cousins love this felt food as much as I do when they open it at Christmas!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment