new

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another great deal!

I was totally planning on doing a book review of I am Number 4 tonight for you... but Owen didnt sleep last night. I dont know what my little monsters problem is... the last few months there is at least one night, now generally two nights a week where he just doesnt sleep. He isnt upset or anything... just awake. So last night I was up from 1:30-4 watching food network with him. I would try ti turn the TV off to force him to sleep and he would SCREAM... so Im done.. so the book review will have to wait until I have more brain power... hopefully tomrrow.
  but I found another great deal for you mothers out there. here is the tale; Saturday is errand running day. First we headed off to Walmart. I try to get all my christmas shopping done before Dec 1 and I had to still get a gift for both the boys and I wanted Tims opinion.. so we did that... then we went to library so I could get my new book... Clockwork Angel... and then we went to Home Depot to get a latch for our new gate. Anyways... as Im walking with with the boys the greeter says "you must be here for the free kids workshop.. its in the back corner" I had no idea they do free kids workshops (lets  face it I dont know much about home depot... but Im learning!) So we go since what else am I going to do in home depot with a 3 and 1 yr old. They were making spice racks. and it was totally free! They get an apron with threir name on it and a kit with everything to make the spice rack... so daddy showed up and helped the boys make spice racks and then they get a pin for their apron showing which project they made. The boys LOVED it. Owen now hammers everything! and jaxon is anxious to paint his rack. To top it off the guy running the workshop tells me they do this every second saturday of the month from 10-12... I have already marked the calendar and you can bet we will be there with bells on next month and the following months too! So if you need something to do then check it out!
  (I know all/most home depot locations do the workshops.. but I dont know if they all run at the same time... the location I was at was the Shawnessy store.)
  I was dissappointed that I didnt bring my camera... next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment