new

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Super Submarines

Ok ok ok... I know I've done alot of Childrens Books lately. There are several reasons why.
1)I love them
2) With two little ones Im constantly reading them
3) (and probably the biggest reason) Im too lazy to pull out my camera cord and post the pictures of my latest projects... soon I will I promise
  As I've mentioned before, I do a book of the month with Jaxon. I know this year we have been focussed on Robert munsch books. I know this is not a Robert Munsch book. here is my story...
   This is one of the 10 books that makes up the Amazing machines series from Tony Mitton and Ant Parker. They are super cute little poems/stories each focussing on a different machine; Dazzing Diggers, Terrific trains, Tough Trucks, Roaring Rockets, Cool Cars, Busy Boats, Amazing Airplanes, Flashing Fire engines, Tremendous Tractors and Super Submarines. We have them all but tremendous tractors and Super Submarines. I ordered them online and was hoping to put them in Jaxon stocking at Christmas. While we got Tremendous tractors, to my dissappointed I get an email one morning saying that Super Submarines is back ordered. No joke... 10 minutes later the post man drops off a box... I was expecting a different goodie so I quickly open the box to see what was inside... and Jaxon shouts... A NEW BOOK! yes it was Super Submarines. I took it away super fast and thought " He will forget about it..." I was thrilled to have gotten it. A few nights pass and then its bedtime one night and I ask "What stories do you want tonight" and I get "The dark, Tough trucks...and that new one that you took away" SHOOT he hadnt forgotten... so I thought.. Ok its almost the first of the month which means new book anyways... SO November is Super Submarines adn the Robert munsch book will just have to wait until Christmas to make its appearance!
   Anyways... the whole series of these books are PERFECT for little boys. They are simple easy to follow but still teach basic part and purpose to these machines. I will say Super Submarines isnt my favorite of the bunch. I found the rythm off a little. It didnt flow as nicely. But its still a fun read.
  oh and in case you are wondering Jaxon's favorite  of the bunch is Dazzing Diggers (or tough Trucks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment