new

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Toffee Cookies

These cookies are sooooo good. My mom has been blessing us with them for years. This coming thursday I am attending a cookie exchange. I have been trying to think of cookies that are still festive but may not be overly common so that I dont show up with the same cookies as someone else... GASP that would be worse then wearing the same dress as someone else! So I figured these ones would be wonderful. Which meant I had to give them a try! I decided to make some to bring to church to give out to the ladies Im teaching tomorrow... sort of a test run before the cookie exchange.
I think I did a pretty good job!

Toffee Cookies

2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 pkg skor bits
1 pkg mini kisses

1)Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2)Stir together flour and baking soda. Set aside. Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add vanilla and eggs, beat well. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in toffee bits. Drop rounded tsps onto cookie sheet
3) Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
4) Line tray with wax paper. Melt mini kisses in a small bowl. Dip 1/3 of cookie into melted chocolate and place on wax paper. Allow chocolate to set
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment