new

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I am Number 4

This was an AMAZING book. I literally spent all hours of the night reading it. I would tell myself that I would only read one more chapter and then 2 hours later be forcing myself to put the book down. I had been a long time since a book grabbed me like that.
  So here is the gist... There was a planet called Lorien. It was invaded and basically destroyed but another group of aliens called...(some long word that I cant spell starting with a M) but before all the Loriens were wiped out a group of 9 kids (plus their 9 protectors) were shipped off to Earth to grow and train until they could come back and reclaim Lorien. They look, sound, act like humans. But they have unreal super powers. The 9 aliens do not know who each other are because there is a spell on them. They were all given a number and they can only be killed in the numerical order. So they know there are others out there they just dont know who they are. Anyways... those nasty M aliens come to Earth in search of these kids. I am Number 4 is about one of those aliens and his adventures while trying to be a normal High school kid and an alien destined to save his home planet. AWESOME!
  There is always a down side... I have yet to find a perfect book.. although many have come close. So the main character is a High School boy.. which inevitably leads to high School romance. Im not a Romance fan so at times i found this less then charming but at least it was just a back burner story line. It really didnt interfere too much with the rest of the story.
  There are two totally awesome bonuses with this book... First they are making it a movie set to be released in 2011... two It the start of a new series... the Lorein Legacies. I can not wait for the next book! Now on that note Im off to google and find out when it will be released!
  THIS IS A MUST READ

No comments:

Post a Comment