new

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Feeling like Christmas

It is beyond freezing here... -39 with the windchill. I am not happy. To counteract the lousy weather outside I decided to bust out the christmas decorations today. We are all set up here... well we still need to do the christmas tree but we will do that on Sunday. 
  This afternoon I spent some time at my friend Claire's house being crafty while the kiddos played together. It was awesome. So now Im really feeling christmasy. Since Im all set for christmas I thought would be a good time to share one of my family's favorite christmas treat. FUDGE!

Sorry no picture for this one since I havent made it yet this year... but I will and soon!

5 Minute Fudge




3 cups sugar

198 g marshmallow crème

¾ cup margarine

2/3 cup evaporated milk

1 tsp vanilla

1 pkg chocolate chips (you can use different flavours to make different flavours… we like using mint chips or butterscotch ones)



Combine sugar, margarine and evaporated milk in a large pot. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.

Continue boiling 5 minutes over med heat or until a candy thermometer reaches 234F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.

Remove from heat and stir in choco chips until melted.

Add Marshmallow crème and vanilla; beat until well blended

Pour until a greased 9x13 pan

Cool at room temperature/

No comments:

Post a Comment