new

Friday, November 26, 2010

Lots of time to read

Sorry for the lack of posts lately... the other night I must have caught a 24 hour thing because I woke up middle of the night... sick sick sick! I wont lie to you... it was horrible... probably the sickest Ive been in a long long time. But Im feeling better now... still not 100% but almost.
  Since I was so sick I really didnt do much of anything, but I got alot of time to read. As I was reading I finished Clockwork Angel but Cassandra Clare. She is the Author of the Mortal Instruments trilogy. This one "Clockwork Angel" is the first book in a new series, the Infernal Instruments, which is a prequel to the other trilogy. This wasnt the worst book in the world, in fact the story line was really quite good, it was just bogged down by alot of extra info.
  There was alot of info about the Shadowhunter world. which to me wasa little useless as I have read the other trilogy and it was all the same info that was in there. I guess that would have been useful information to someone who hasnt read that series but I think most people will have read the City of... books first. But it wasnt just the Shadowhunter info that was excessive. At times I found Clare to be overly descriptuve. She went into great detail about the house and its scances and its stairs and the lighting.. and to be honest most times I was like "I DONT CARE get to the good stuff"
   But there was alot good in the book too. Having read the orginal trilogy there was alot of similar family names mentioned in Clockwork angel. Like Lightwood, Herondale, etc. so it was pretty fun to see the ancestors stories. Also there was mysteries to be solved the whole way through. Some mysteries (like Jem's sickness) were solved before the novel ended, but some (like the mystery surrounding Tessa) were left to fill another book. There was plenty of action and it kept my interest well into many a late night. Also there was one major MAJOR twist that shocked me. Now I dont like to brag, but Im normally pretty good at figuring things out and the majority of the time I find myself saying "I KNEW IT" as opposed to "NO WAY" but this book pulled the rug out from under me.
  I am glad I took it out from the library because its one I am not convenced I need in my permant home library but its a fun good read. Warlocks, vampires, and shadowhunters... makes for a great novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment