new

Monday, July 26, 2010

5 Cheese Baked Ziti

One of my favorite restaurants is the Olive Garden. I dont get to go often because its way up in the north and I live in the south of Calgary. One of my favorite dishes is their 5 cheese Baked Ziti... and I finally found a great copy cat of that recipe! I make it all the time now! (and I will admit that its not always 5 cheese... sometimes I will be missing a cheese or two and then I just double up on the cheeses I do have...)
5 Cheese Baked Ziti

Ziti Sauce
4 Cups Tomato sauce (your favorite pasta sauce!)
2 Cups Alfredo Sauce
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
3 Tbsp Fontina cheese, shredded
1 tsp garlic powder

Ziti Topping
3 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 Tbsp Romano Cheese, grated
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp veg. oil
3 Tbsp Parlsey, chopped

1 lb dried Ziti
1 cup Mozzarella cheese

Prepare ziti sauce; Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Store in fridge until ready to use
Prepare Topping; Combine all ingredients until well combined
To make entire dish; preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13x9 bakign dish with non stick spray. Prepare the pasta according to pkg. pour 1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of the pan. Once the pasta cooks, drain it and add the remaining sauce to the pasta. Stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan. Top with mozzarella cheese and then the ziti topping. bake for 30-40 minutes (until bubbly and golden brown)

this makes lots... serves like 8!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment