new

Friday, July 9, 2010

Nuts for Nuts

I love nuts! Cashews, almonds, pecans... they are all so yummy! This afternoon while my boys napped (since they were up at 5am) I made this yummy little nut snack. I found the recipe in Fresh Food Fast by Martha Stewart... although Ive twicked it a little to suit me!

Sweet and Spicy Almonds

2 1/2 cups Almonds, unsalted
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cayenne
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Water

1) preheat over to 350. Lay almonds on a baking sheet and toasted unto fragrant... about 8 minutes.
2) in a large bowl combine sugar, cayenne and salt.
3) in a different large bowl whisk together honey, oil and water.
4) Add almonds to wet mix. Stir to coat
5) Transfer almonds to the sugar mix (do not include the excess liquid) Stir to coat
6) Let cool in a single layer on a wax lined baking sheet

They are so yummy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment