new

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Breakfast Potato Skins

I have been trying to use up the food in my fridge before I leave for my mom's house for the week. Tonight was supposed to be pizza night but my fridge was already too full of leftovers for my liking. So I made up theses little beauties!
They are AMAZING!!!!

Breakfast Potato Skins

5 Russett Potatoes
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 cup Ricotta Cheese
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
about 1/2 cup sausage, diced (bacon would also work... but I had sausage)
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese

1) If you dont have left over potatoes in the fridge; bake potatoes directly on the rack at 350 for 1 hour, allow to cool then cut them into quarters. Scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4 inch on shell. Brush both sides with Melted butter, place on a baking sheet skin side up and crisp at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
2)Prepare Topping; Mix ricotta, egg yolks, Parmesan cheese together. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Once potato skins are crisp flip them over (they should now be skin side down) and top with ricotta cheese and then sausage and then grated cheddar cheese. Broil until melted and bubbly.
4) ENJOY!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment