new

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Spinach!

So my new obession with felt food continues. I figured after making Ravioli and cookies I should make something extra healthy... so I made Spinach. Im planning on making lots of other veggies too but these little leaves seemed like they would be pretty easy. And they are. I also figured the since I wasnt going to be pinking the edges I wanted to do a blanket stitch to mke them look cute and complete. So then I had a problem.. I dont sew... not even a little. So I have another new love; the internet. I found a great site that taught me step by step on how to blanet stitch.. now I know Im not pro but I think Ive done pretty well for a self teach 2 days ago!
I had thought about trying to teach myself to use a sewing machine but I like the look of the blanket stitch and I can do it while I watch TV in the evenings once he kids go to bed... ok in the afternoon while owen naps and Jaxon watches Spongebob (once my kids are in bed I am in bed!)
these are super simple
1) Just free hand a pattern (If I can do it so can you!)
2) Cut Two leaves out of dark green
3) on one of the leaves hand stitch some veins
4) Blanet stitch them together
Done and Done!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment