new

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another Book Review

I am here to confess another obession...I love books. This also means that I love libraries. Curse my addictive personality! Many of you may be reading this and thinking... "What is wrong with this addiction?" Allow me to explain my dilemma. I am a mother of two small children (3 and 1) so taking the time to look for a book is not possible. So I have started to go online at http://www.calgarypubliclibrary.com/ and go to my account and just place a book on hold (even if there isnt a wait list) because then they put the book aside for me on a shelf with my name on it. That way I can just come in and grab my book, use the self check outs and be on my merry way. Are you still wondering what the issue is??? I now have a MASSIVE list of books waiting for me at the library or that I have checked out. And as a mother of a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old you can imagine how little time I have to read! So beware... there may be a book review overload the next few weeks as I frantically try to get all my books read!
   On to the Review... I read The short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer. Here is a little disclaimer... I have read the 4 twilight books... but I am not a fan. While a read them I couldnt put them down but once I stopped I thought back and realized how beyond stupid they are... really they are just a romance novel about a werewolf and a vampire and a girl... WAWAWA
   So onto Bree Tanner...What a waste of time! I read the book and was left with the question "Why?" "Why write this?" and"Why read this?" Really has the world become so involved in the lives of these fictional characters that you have to learn all you can about even passing characters? But I will say that Stephanie Meyer has found a cash cow and will ride it as long as she can. The only good quality about this book...It was short. I read it in three nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment