new

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Homemade croutons

I am converted. I will NEVER buy croutons again! I thought making them homemade would be really hard. But when I forgot to pick some up for dinner the other day I was in a bind... so I made my attempt. VOILA! They are FABULOUS! Why are the better then store bought??? They are still soft in the middle so you can actually fork them as opposed to the dry as stone store ones. Plus you can change the flavour to what ever you like. The best part is they are so simple!!!

Here is what I did.. I diced up a few sliced of Ciabatta bread and put it in a bowl. Then I drizzled in Olive Oil and sprinkled them with Garlic Powder and Basil. Then I laid them out on a baking sheet and put them under the broiler. I watched them and every few minutes just gave the pan a shake until they were toasty!
Like I said before FABULOUS! They are all crunchy on the outside and all soft on the inside.
They were so good when I had them yesterday in out chicken ceasers that I made more ceasers today as a side to the Lasanga Ciabattas we had for dinner tonight. I am in love!
PS...stay tooned for the Lasanga ciabatta recipe
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment