new

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Iron Chef

I love the show Iron Chef America. I love the anticipation of waiting for the secret ingredient to be revealed and most times the wonder that follows "What is that?" or "What will they ever do with that?" I have found a recipe worthy of Iron chef America. Are you ready??? Today's secret ingredient is....Doritos!
Klingon Chicken (Dont blame me for the name... it was named that when I found it.)

3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tsp Ranch Dip mix
3 egg whites

Coating;
1 cup finely crushed Doritos
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 tsp Ranch Dip Mix

1) Make the crushed Doritos. This can be done two ways... My mom used her food processor and it worked great. I Unfortunately dont have a food processor (I know... tears!) so I took chips, crushed them in my hands and then put them in a ziplock bag and rolled a rolling pin over them. Both worked just as well! So you choose! (its takes about 3 cups of roughly crushed chips to make 1 cup finely crushed.
2) Mix the coating and place in a shallow bowl
3) Beat the egg whites in a shallow bowl
4) Pat dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel. Dip them in to the eggs and then in to the Doritos. Pressing to ensure that they stick.
5) Place on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Its actually pretty good. We made this at first as a joke for my husband who loves doritos. But its pretty yummy. We have made it twice; once with the Ranch Flavor and then once with the Nacho cheese Flavor. I want to try it with the Sweet Chili Heat Flavor.

It sure is something different

No comments:

Post a Comment