new

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another Post for you today

Bonus! You get two posts today. Arent you just so excited?!?!? I thought Id do a quick book review for you today too, in case the recipe I posted didnt excited you enough.
  Recently I have been reading alot of teen books. But I thought It was about time for me to read a grown up book again. I read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. It was Fantastic. At first I thought it would be confusing because it bounces between three different times (the late 1800s-early 1900s, 1975ish and modern day.) But it was always clear as to which time you were in. There was one big mystery to solve; Who is Nell? but there was also several little mysteries to solve along the way too. In fact it was those little mysteries that held my interest most.
   It was really well written too. The Characters were well developed. I loved the Spunk that Eliza had. The scenery was so well described that I was actually enticed to  and longed to be there.
  There was a bit of a love story for Cassandra which I could have done with out but it was a minor side note most of the time so I survived it.
  Eliza, Nell and Cassandra all accompany you on a journey to self discovery. Do you think if you found out that your parents werent really your parents that it would change who you are... or thought you are?? That was the underlying question in this book. My thoughts??? It wouldnt change me at all. Maybe its because my sister is adopted, but I know that she is who she is because she is this family and that we are her family. In my eyes its who raised you and was there through out your life that makes family, not what DNA you have.
  All and all I think its a great book and people should read it!.

No comments:

Post a Comment